Friday, May 27, 2011

The Party Girl's Library: Party Book Review- "Porch Parties" by Denise Gee

Porch Parties by Denise Gee as seen on scribd.com
If this book, Porch Parties by Denise Gee isn't the best way to kick off summer, then I don't know what is! The cover drew me in, and I was held captive through the whole thing while I flipped pages looking at scrumptious cocktails on perfect porches. Of course, the design of the book I know had a big play in my buying decision... great Southern porch inspired typefaces and lot of design details made me drink this up!

The book is broken up into chapters - from Porch Party pointers and cocktail recipes, to punches, mocktails and little bites. Interspersed throughout the book are juicy tidbits, like the top 5 Destination Porches and porch definitions, charming details that add to this books appeal.

So, I don't know about you this Memorial Day weekend, but I'm debating on whether I should mix up a refreshing Gumby Slumber (think tropical delight), or  a good ol'Brunch Bloody Mary. Both will do just perfectly sitting on my porch this long weekend.

1 comments:

Royal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.