Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Flags, Flags and Flags!

I know I'm 2 days late, but I wanted to get in a little post about flags... specifically the American Flag. I've always been a big "flag day" person. It's not like our family really celebrated it, but since my name is shared with one of the original seamstress' of the flag, Betsy Ross, I've always felt a kinship to the flag and it's day!

This time of year, flags are everywhere... So festive, so summer, so fourth of July! Here are some of my favorite finds...

Photo from WalktheTalk on Etsy

What a cute Flag Banner by fellow etsian "walkthetalk". I like the uneven-ness, and love the stitched stars. Check out her Etsy Store.


This bib is adorable! I wish my kids were young enough to still wear one of these! This is created by another Etsian - Krispybanana... Check out her store: Krispybanana on Etsy.




photo from Williams-Sonoma

Last week I received the new Williams-Sonoma catalog with this flag table setting in it. I just love it... right down to the tin buckets and cherry pie a la mode! Mmmm, summer.

I hope you got your flag out, dusted it off and put it up proudly last Sunday for Flag Day... if not, get it out now, and dust it off... the fourth will be here before ya know it!

0 comments: