Wednesday, April 15, 2009

at the shore...


I'm so lucky to only live less than 30 minutes from the ocean! Life gets busy, though, and the little mountain between me and the ocean always seems so daunting (like I said, it's only a 20 minute drive, but some how it seems much farther.) So, I was so happy when a dear friend of mine (from nursery school!) decided to have a birthday gathering over at the beach.


It was a breezy, somewhat chilly afternoon - typical for spring time in Northern California... but it was so beautiful. The smells, the sounds, the sights... oh, I just love the beach! I also had fun snapping pictures with my new camera.


The outing also reminded me of my trip a little less than a year ago to Nantucket, and inspired me to start creating some "At the Shore" items- with that nautical/beach-ey type feel. I started with some note cards, but have also created a banner, and am planning on a full Party Kit.

Summer will be here before you know it... and I definitely will be looking forward to any clambake, lobster boil, crab feed, or beach party around to attend!!

0 comments: