Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hurray for Mardi Gras Day!

A day where indulgence is OK... now that's a good day! Even though I'm far away from the action-- I still love to celebrate Mardi Gras. In past years I've watched great bands, and drunk many hurricanes to celebrate the day... but in more recent years, with the kid's school day typically looming the following day, things have become a bit more tame. So, less hurricanes, but still lots of fun.


Every year we make masks for our dinner celebration. It's great to see how the masks are improving year after year.

And then there's the Mardi Gras meal... OK, I have to admit, I do make these above... I doctor them with veggies and meats. Even though they're not the real thing, it does a pretty good job. (My brother-in-law's family is from creole country-- his mother makes and AMAZING etoufee, yum!)

So, in honor of Mardi Gras this year, I thought I'd make my first Mardi Gras decoration-- a mask garland.
Once I started getting into the project, it really made me want to create a Masquerade Ball Party Kit... I hope to get to that one day in the future.

Enjoy the pics below, and have a great Mardi Gras!






0 comments: